Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Smiles of Silly Yesteryears


Memories are such a personal experience.  They’re a spaghetti bowl of moments: hilarious, awkward, melancholic, euphoric ones all intertwined and jumbled in the cerebral abyss you call your mind. And they have a way of coming back to you at the oddest of times: while you’re brushing your teeth, riding in the bus, studying... The thing that I love is how funny-moments always seem so fresh and equally hilarious when you remember them, even years on.
I’ve had a lot of c.r.a.z.y. exam memories and every time they come back to me, I can’t help but blush and burst out laughing:

First Year: In my Physiology oral exam I asked Professor Akram to repeat his question. He asked me to get out of the room! Umm, I didn’t and the oral exam continued.

Second Year: The anatomy external asks me to pick up the organ in front of me and narrate its parts. I did just that, picked it up and launched into a passionate recital of the female uterus and its ligaments, pointing out all the structures. Uh, five minutes on, the examiner told me to stop. The thing turned out to be a urinary bladder. Ouch. In my defence, it must have been a very feminine bladder.

Third Year: I accidently kicked the pathology external. Both of us launched into apologies:
The Patho External and I.
I accidently kick him.


Utter mayhem
Apologies, Apologies everywhere...

Third Year Again: The Pharma HOD looked at my four flunked tests and asked me if I was on anti depressants. He seemed genuinely concerned and dead serious. Of course I said no though he didn’t seem to believe me =p

Fourth Year: There was this insane hype to NEVER forget to palpate the lymph nodes when Professor Paal asked you to examine the tonsils. Sooo when he asked me to, I stood up and screamed “Sir mai na lymph nodes palpate karnai hain!!!!!”  He told me to calm down and sit. I didn’t and screamed “LYMPH NODES SIRRRR!!!!” again.  At the exam’s end he asked me what country I’d come from.


Fourth Year Again: Professor Munir of Pathology got all grumpy at my internal assessment percentage. He held his head in his hands then asked me to list all the social networking sites I knew. In retrospect, I think he thought facebooking was behind my ‘low’ 52% score. It wasn’t, not cheating on tests was J !

Final Year:  Embarrassing history’s yet to be made!

3 comments:

  1. A blowing comeback Amused !
    Missed you on blogger !
    I'm still laughing at the mayhem ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! what did i just seeee???!!!
    AN AMUSING POST (Y)
    Is that really by you ?!
    or did this account get hacked or sth :O
    the latter is prolly not possible :/
    so it has to be you !!!! yayyy !!
    the 'mintey tarley' bore fruit :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is insanely hilarious. We all had such moments I guess. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete